Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hello Baby Boy!

I had planned to have a natural birth. My son had other plans. He was a week over due and showing no real signs that he was going to make an appearance any time soon. I made it to 7 cm and would not go any further. My son was in distress and they said a cesarean was the best option.

On March 1 , 2008 my son Kenneth was born through an unplanned cesarean. The doctors thought he was going to be under 8 lbs. Well, my son was born at 9:04 AM, 9 lbs. 12 oz. and 21.5 inches long. I believe the doctors exact words were "Holy smokes," right before he had to cut me open more to get my son out.

I was able to hold him with assistance on while on the operating table for a minute. It was wonderful. I could not believe my eyes. I was a MOTHER! There was not enough room for me to breastfeed him for the first time in there. So his first feeding was put on hold until I was taken back to my room to recover.

When I held him in my arms I knew I was in love again! It was time to feed him for the first time. He latched on right away with no problem. He showed no signs of wanting to let go. I thought things were going to be so easy from that point forward. Boy was I wrong...

No comments: