Friday, August 29, 2008

Watch and Learn Son!

When I went to go pick up my son yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised by what I found. When I got there he was in an exersaucer flirting with one of the moms. Guess what mom was doing – BREASTFEEDING! I was so pleased. I then went over to Kenneth and told him – in a voice loud enough for them all to hear – “Pay attention Kenneth. That is what you should be doing!”

I loved the fact that I saw another mother breastfeeding. Now granted, her 8 month old son is still a touch smaller than my almost 6 month old son. She was standing and breastfeeding with such ease. I struggled with the water works! She has issues getting her son to take a bottle. She was also very encouraging. At the same time she said he is at least getting breast milk. That is what I tell myself every time I don’t want to pump.

I have a 3 day weekend. Let us hope this is a break through weekend! I would love it if I had him breastfeeding again by his 6 month birthday on Monday! So please keep us in your thoughts this weekend. Send me all of the breastfeeding vibes you can. Let this be the weekend he finally gets it!

No comments: