Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Booby Talk

Early mornings is typically when I am able to make steps forward. This morning he did what I have been calling booby talk. He latched on and maybe sucks a little. Then he talks with my breast in his mouth. His favorite is saying what sounds like mum mum mum. It is funny to listed to. The whole time I keep him happy. If he fusses I will give him a little of his bottle.

So then when we lay down to go to bed he always turns his head from side to side. This is when I have had some success as well. Sometimes, if there is boob where his mouth can get he will latch on and sometimes suck. So this morning he did the same thing. He would take the breast in his mouth and suck once or twice and then turn away.

It really is about baby steps. He isn't screaming his head off when I offer him the breast. That is a plus in my book!

No comments: